Galactica Quorum Message Board Index Galactica Quorum
Galactica Quorum Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

series 4, catherine tate, and the usa impression

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Galactica Quorum Message Board Index -> Doctor Who/Torchwood
View previous topic :: View next topic  
parsnip1981
Colonel
Colonel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: series 4, catherine tate, and the usa impression Reply with quote

Hi, so being in the uk, Catherine Tate, who plays Donna Noble, is best known for the 'The Catherine Tate Show' a very popular, but in my opinion very bas 'catchphrase' comedy show. She tends to be a bit shouty!

So my hopes for season 4 of who were slightly pessimistic thinking that she might ruin it. I have to say that i have been impressed for while she is no Billie Piper, she has proved to be a able companion.

I do not know if Tate is known in the states in the same way, but for viewers there how have you found her?

Also where are you up to? Does the show run fairly concurrently with the uk, or do you watch on bbc iplayer ( i do not know if this works abroad)

Thanks
startswithaj
Colonel
Colonel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: series 4, catherine tate, and the usa impression Reply with quote

parsnip1981 wrote:

I do not know if Tate is known in the states in the same way, but for viewers there how have you found her?

Also where are you up to? Does the show run fairly concurrently with the uk, or do you watch on bbc iplayer ( i do not know if this works abroad)

Thanks

I had never heard of Tate before seeing her in Doctor Who. I didnt like her in the first few epsiodes that she was in, but, I think she improved later on. I think she started out seeming very shouty and bossy(not sure if those are the right words...)....

As far as where we are, I think SciFi Channel is 2 or 3 episodes behind. I usually download the new episodes saturday/sunday from the 'net....
parsnip1981
Colonel
Colonel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes those are certainly the right words! I was wary of her being in it, but think she has proven to be very good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Galactica Quorum Message Board Index -> Doctor Who/Torchwood All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: