Galactica Quorum Message Board Index Galactica Quorum
Galactica Quorum Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

After the show ends

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Galactica Quorum Message Board Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwj170104
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: After the show ends Reply with quote

Any chance the Quorum would want to have some podcasts discussing certain episodes and that discussion would include the Ron Moore podcast. I don't know if you would want to do all episodes but if you select certain episodes and have a discussion on the show, how it fits in the over all arc and the insights Moore gave in his podcasts.

Just a thought.

Jesse Jackson
parsnip1981
Colonel
Colonel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would seem daft to me to end this, when you have such a good set up, perhaps you may want to move to concentrate on a new show like dollhouse.

And there is always the firefly recap!!
Monkeyking1969
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they should do one or two shows about the ending. Then switch over to talking about one or two shows: Dollhouse and Terminator that also happen to fall on the same night as BSG did. That allows them to keep the same timing for production and airing of their podcast. As the BGS: The Plan comes online they can talk about that and then as Caprica ramps up in 2010 they can slowly starts talking more and more about that.

What i don't want is another Heroes or Lost podcast. A Dollhouse/Terminator podcast that brings both groups together might be nice, and there are actually good thematic connections if you think about it. Caprica will have themes about robots, man, memory transfer, free will, etc. There are fine threads of ideas and concepts that all the shows share.
brian
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On deck:

- Finale discussion
- Townhall about finale
- BSG Production crew interviews
- BSG board game + interview
- Caprica spoilers
- BSG Art Director interview
- BSG Prop Auction #2 interview and coverage
- Caprica discussion
- Balticon live show
- Dragon*Con events

For other shows... I'd like the 1-2 punch of Dollhouse and Terminator. However unless Dollhouse improves fast I will have no desire to even watch it much less podcast about it.

I also don't think I can sustain a weekly schedule anymore. I could do it for a 10-week stretch, but I'm worn out and simply can't at this point. Bi-weekly is more likely and feasible.
jwj170104
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
On deck:

I also don't think I can sustain a weekly schedule anymore. I could do it for a 10-week stretch, but I'm worn out and simply can't at this point. Bi-weekly is more likely and feasible.

Of course I love getting a new podcast each week but I certainly understand how real life gets in the way. Every other week would still be great!

Jesse Jackson
Monkeyking1969
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:

For other shows... I'd like the 1-2 punch of Dollhouse and Terminator. However unless Dollhouse improves fast I will have no desire to even watch it much less podcast about it.

I was thinking TSCC would be the meat and Dollhouse the sickly sprig of parsley. I actually only watched half of the episode last week, I was that bored with it that I didn’t even mind switching it off Nevertheless, people might as you say like the "one-two punch" of Terminator & Dollhouse. (Regardless, I think Dollhouse is not long for this world, but even ‘that’ is worth talking about.)

As for less podcasts, that is sad for me, I just discovered you guys 10 episodes ago. But I fully support taking a break for yourselves, you have all earned it..
parsnip1981
Colonel
Colonel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed i am not optimistic about dollhouse, but feel that scc will be given another season.

Its nice to see that you have plans to continue for a while, and i hope that you will use the existing set up to continue for longer than that.

I can't imagine the workload that goes into this, but its certainly appreciated, and fortnightly would be great.

I would also mention that the podcast was recently reviewed in sfx in galactica podcast round up. I think sfx has covered you before, but i may be wrong.

SFX have also released this - http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=battlestar_galactica_special,

How easy it will be for those not in the uk to get i don't know, but i'll certainly be buying this week.
brian
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to say there won't be something weekly in the future. Things get a bit easier now without having to prepare all the talking points, organize the correspondence and voicemails, and writing the recaps. Of course it could be said that those are what makes the show.

Some of that will continue--it won't disappear. Like the Firefly rewatch for example will be pretty similar in format. Although I envision the rewatch to be a segment of a show, not the whole show itself. We'll see.

We've gone on hiatus before where a month (or two) passed with no updates. That won't happen now. There certainly is no lack of content right now. We easily will have BSG material all through the summer, and The Plan will be coming shortly after. I'm pleased about that because it means there won't be droughts of episodes; rather, there will be a regular, steady pace of shows.
jwj170104
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

parsnip1981 wrote:
Indeed i am not optimistic about dollhouse, but feel that scc will be given another season.

I feel the oposite. I'm pretty sure that SCC will not be back. I do think there is a slight chance that Dollhouse gets a 2nd season.

Jesse Jackson
Monkeyking1969
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwj170104 wrote:
parsnip1981 wrote:
Indeed I am not optimistic about dollhouse, but feel that scc will be given another season.

I feel the opposite. I'm pretty sure that SCC will not be back. I do think there is a slight chance that Dollhouse gets a 2nd season.

Too bad T:SC is a better show in season two then BSG (from a certain point of view). And, without a doubt is a far far better show then Dollhouse. And with Terminator: Salvation coming up for release ist would be utterly catistrophic to pull it off the air...the show is publicity for the movie....the movie is a reason to catch up on teh show.

If the Network dumps TSCC without seeing how it does without BSG on the executives are stupid. If they cut it off before the movie they are insane because they could target the publicity for the move each to people watching the show.

There are not a lot of shows for BSG fans now, and TSCC is the best sci-fi on right now. If the old BSG fans saw TSCC they would find that the writing is not insulting and that what they thought the show was about is not the really the case. It is a far smarter show then most people realize, the show needs a few weeks for people searching for something else to find it.

The last eleven shows are on Hulu...sadly the oldest show on that list is a “one off” episode which has nothing to do with the 2nd season storyline. I started rewatching weeks ago and back then you could see the first part of season two to see how this season started off. People going back now won’t be able to see that far back because of the way Hulu adds new shows while removing old shows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Galactica Quorum Message Board Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: