Galactica Quorum Message Board Index Galactica Quorum
Galactica Quorum Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 'Lee dies episode'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Galactica Quorum Message Board Index -> The Writers Room - Your Episode Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Matter
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: The 'Lee dies episode' Reply with quote

In College several of us wrote star trek scripts. I wrote one which was about a rogue starfleet captain who captured a cloaked ship and basically becomes a space pirate holding colonies hostage etc for plunder. If that is what happens in the new movie, well, I should have completed it and sent it to someone I guess. Anyway...

Everyone who wrote a STNG episode had a plot where Wesley Crusher died. I think we should do the same thing with BSG. Everyone who is a Lee hater (I have joined the club) writes a 'Lee dies' episode.

I need to find a way to work torture in there.....

He wasn't nearly so whiney in the mini-series. The father/son thing really worked. He even had a line "My father is right". I want to record it and play it over and over b/c it seems so out of character for him now.
shrekjdr
Colonel
Colonel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if he has to die my vote is to be airlocked.. that seems the best way to go as many have gone that way! you would think they would put more security there...
startswithaj
Colonel
Colonel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow...whats up with all the lee-hatred i've been seeing on the web? I've always kind of liked his character. especially last season when he stood up for what he believed in, and this season when he took up the burden of the presidency(albeit a very short burden). I think he's been doing very well as a civilian....

i dunno...maybe i'm crazy or something....
Dark Matter
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Haj I watched all the episodes in about 2 weeks. Seeing the entire show condensed like that really did not put Lee in a good light. He was whiney, he continually took positions opposite his father like a teenager might etc. Also, I found his dialog pretty weak. I agree with some comments from the creators of this website that his characters actions are predictable.

With that being said I did like him in this last episode in the standoff with Deanna. I guess comparing him to Wesley Crusher may have been overly harsh. Wesley de-legitimized STNG.[/i]
parsnip1981
Colonel
Colonel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think his character has gone down some unlikely paths, but i still like him.

But the lee dies episode? You may get your wish in the 'everybody dies but baltar, hera, and nicky' final episode!
brian
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fun reading these one year later. The "everyone dies" final episode? Ha!
parsnip1981
Colonel
Colonel

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed, i'm still feeling the dissappointment evennow, and now i find that scc has been cancelled and dollhouse renewed.

Oh well.
Dustin
Muffit
Muffit

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
It's fun reading these one year later. The "everyone dies" final episode? Ha!

I've always been amazed at how people often say that BSG is a show that is willing to kill anybody- even Moore on the Revelations podcast said Tigh almost going out the airlock was effective because they've killed enough characters to make the audience think they'd actually do it.

Uh,Ron?... bullshit. Up until the final episode, they didn't kill a single main title cast member, and barely any of the secondary title characters. I think they only killed guest stars (Ellen, Billy, Cally, Gaeta, Dee, Zarek). They drove home this point when Billy was killed by a single bullet in the side and Lee survived two in the chest in that same episode.

I don't see the need to kill off a lot of characters, but it's quite obvious Ron's obsession with character precluded him doing really unpredictable things- they all HAD to complete their arcs. Nothing like with what happened in the next to last SCC episode- one could argue that it was undone an episode later, but the person was alive due to time travel, but he was likely going to be a different CHARACTER- he would have no memories of what had happened in the show, so I think it still counts as offing a major character.

I think Ron was too in love with his ensemble to let any one of them go until the very last minute- Saving Private Ryan this ain't. In theory there's nothing wrong with most of the cast living, but it becomes laughable given the situations they were put through. We would never see Chief killed in an accident on the hangar deck, or Lee murdered in the halls for political reasons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Galactica Quorum Message Board Index -> The Writers Room - Your Episode Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: