Galactica Quorum Message Board Index Galactica Quorum
Galactica Quorum Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Torchwood season 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Galactica Quorum Message Board Index -> Doctor Who/Torchwood
View previous topic :: View next topic  
parsnip1981
Colonel
Colonel

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Torchwood season 3 Reply with quote

Is apparently going to be 5 episodes, shown back to back on bbc 1 monday to friday.

I guess the switch from bbc 2 is a big deal, and the plot will one storyline through the episodes.

Is this is a good idea? Or will this be the end of torchwood?

And what does the moffat have planned for the series?
jwj170104
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Torchwood season 3 Reply with quote

parsnip1981 wrote:
Is apparently going to be 5 episodes, shown back to back on bbc 1 monday to friday.

I guess the switch from bbc 2 is a big deal, and the plot will one storyline through the episodes.

Is this is a good idea? Or will this be the end of torchwood?

And what does the moffat have planned for the series?

I'm just pumped that I'll be able to watch via BBC America. I've finished the DVD sets for Season 1 and Season 2.

Jesse Jackson
jwj170104
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so...

Did anyone check out the episodes on BBC America..

Jesse Jackson
chelly
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they were really good. I'm disappointed it was only 5 eps though. I need more Torchwood.

It was nice to see some more of the dark side of Jack. We all knew he has done some not so stellar things in his extremely long life.

**SPOILER**
I am not happy with the killing off of my favorite characters. Now what are they going to do?
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="chelly"]I thought they were really good. I'm disappointed it was only 5 eps though. I need more Torchwood.

It was nice to see some more of the dark side of Jack. We all knew he has done some not so stellar things in his extremely long life.

quote]

It was good to see some of Jack's past. I really liked some of the additional characters they introduced especially his daughter. Of course I don't think we will see her again after what happened.

Jesse Jackson
jwj170104
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Torchwood Series Three (spoilers) Reply with quote

I really enjoyed the first four episodoes of the latest series. There were a lot of great character moments and a lot of tension and a great story.

I was unhappy with the 5th episode. I didn't like the solution that Jack came up with and the way he used his grandson. Not a very heroic ending. I did appreciate the way they showed the price Jack paid for his choices.

Jesse Jackson
chelly
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was unhappy with the 5th episode. I didn't like the solution that Jack came up with and the way he used his grandson. Not a very heroic ending. I did appreciate the way they showed the price Jack paid for his choices.

I don't think anyone liked Jack's solution. But it also shows that Jack will do whatever for the millions even if it means sacrificing one person that meant a lot to him. But it also makes you wonder, what else could he have done? I'm sure they are going to use this in later stories to show the turmoil Jack goes through and has gone through in his life.
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelly wrote:

I don't think anyone liked Jack's solution. But it also shows that Jack will do whatever for the millions even if it means sacrificing one person that meant a lot to him. But it also makes you wonder, what else could he have done? I'm sure they are going to use this in later stories to show the turmoil Jack goes through and has gone through in his life.

I think that would be a great direction for the show to take in the next season.

Jesse Jackson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Galactica Quorum Message Board Index -> Doctor Who/Torchwood All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: