Galactica Quorum Message Board Index Galactica Quorum
Galactica Quorum Message Board
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

return of caprica podcast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Galactica Quorum Message Board Index -> Current Episode Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: return of caprica podcast Reply with quote

So just listened to the two of you chatting about the most anticipated event of the year, yes the return of caprica!

I agreed with Jason on his fears of how the show might start. Anyone who has listened to me talking about caprica, or read my posts on this forum, will know that i am not greatly optimistic about this series.

I predicted about 2 years ago when i first heard about the premise of caprica, that it would not last for more than one season, and if we are going to call the upcoming run of episodes season 1.5, then i stand by that.

I simply dont believe there is enough demand, enough viewers to keep this on the air, even if the quality was much greater than it has been up to this point.

Plotlines I would like to see in the upcoming episodes? Please be aware that i have not seen any trailers or spoilers, so i have no idea what is going to happen.

1 - No more amanda greystone! I love the actress, but this is a terrible, badly written character that has taken up too much time already.

2 - No more teen angst! I dont feel like i really need to explain this, but enough of the Caprica 90210 already!

On a postitive note -

3 - I would like to see more of the nature of life in the 12 colonies, as opposed to just these 2 families on caprica. How does society function, get back into space!

Of course i understand that such storylines are not key to the original mission statement of this show - i.e that of looking at 2 familes on caprica.

I guess ultimately, caprica is not the show that i want to see when dealing with a prequel to galactica. If i had the motivation to write fanfic, I would probably do things very differently.

I am though, open to changing my mind if the show is good enough!
Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Galactica Quorum Message Board Index -> Current Episode Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: