Galactica Quorum Message Board Index Galactica Quorum
Galactica Quorum Message Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

season 4 end

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Galactica Quorum Message Board Index -> Doctor Who/Torchwood
View previous topic :: View next topic  
parsnip1981
Colonel
Colonel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: season 4 end Reply with quote

I have seen the preview for the 2 part season finale, and without giving anything away, it looks really good!

For those that don't know this will see the end of involvement for series Producer/Writer Russell T Davies and apparently lots of the threads that have been running for the 4 years are to be tied up.

I think its someone called Stephen Moffat that is taking over, but also have heard that the good Doctor will not be back on our screens till 2010, which is a shame!

Does anyone else thinks its really weird that the year 2010 is approaching? Somehow it almost sounds a bit to futuristic!

When we get to 2015 and can do direct comparisons to Hill Valley and Marty Mcfly it will get even stranger!
startswithaj
Colonel
Colonel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: season 4 end Reply with quote

parsnip1981 wrote:
I have seen the preview for the 2 part season finale, and without giving anything away, it looks really good!

For those that don't know this will see the end of involvement for series Producer/Writer Russell T Davies and apparently lots of the threads that have been running for the 4 years are to be tied up.

I think its someone called Stephen Moffat that is taking over, but also have heard that the good Doctor will not be back on our screens till 2010, which is a shame!

Does anyone else thinks its really weird that the year 2010 is approaching? Somehow it almost sounds a bit to futuristic!

When we get to 2015 and can do direct comparisons to Hill Valley and Marty Mcfly it will get even stranger!

Have you seen part one of the finale yet? I loved having characters from the various spinoffs and stuff, not to mention the brief mention of Tosh and Owen(from Torchwood). Not sure how I like the scene at the end of the episode though....

Last edited by startswithaj on Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
startswithaj
Colonel
Colonel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one other thing...in the episode that focused on donna(episode 11, i believe)...the doctor dies in the alternate reality or whatever that the thing on donnas back created(possibly could have misunderstood that). Wouldnt he have regenerated? Not really having watched much of classic doctor who, I'm not sure how that works exactly, but I was under the impression that if he died, he would regenerate. Am I missing something here?
parsnip1981
Colonel
Colonel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i am certainly no expert on Doctor Who, having only faint memories of the mccoy years, and have only really begun to enjoy it in it's latest version.

As to your questions, my understanding of that is that Donna's reality was not actually real, therefore her kids to not physically survive, the doctor did not die etc.

Yes i have just watched part 1 of the season finale on saturday, and thought it was great. What a cliffhanger, didn't see that coming!

It's interesting actually, Doctor Who and Battlestar Galactica are probably the best two sci-fi programs on tv at the moment. They are both into their fourth year, but are completely different.
startswithaj
Colonel
Colonel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, i watched the second part of the finale the other night and am kind of confused about something...

(this might spoil something for you if you havent seen the episode)

at the end, he tells donnas grandfather that they can never bring him up to her again, because triggering the memories of everything they did together would kill her. So, why can she see him and talk to him? Wouldnt that trigger some sort of memory?

Maybe I'm being too critical....
parsnip1981
Colonel
Colonel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that is a bit strange, but i think the doc gives the answer in the talk, he says something like donna wouldn't see anything unusual about him, so nothing would spark.

I agree though, it is a bit of a stretch.
chelly
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel a bit cheated for Donna. It's not fair that she doesn't get to remember. Rose and Martha get to remember.

*Spoiler*
Rose even gets to have a doctor of her own. Which is oh so hot Smile

But Donna gets screwed completely. I was starting to really like her. Maybe she will remember and she'll be strong enough to survive. Maybe that's what makes her special.

I also liked that the Doctor had a companion that wasn't a teenager. It was nice to see him running around with a quirky mature woman.

At least in the time til 2010 we will have some specials to feed our Doctor obsession.
Colonel
Colonel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, i'm looking forward to the xmas special, with the return of the cybermen. I have recently rewatched series 1 and 2 and have become very excited about stephen moffat taking over from russell davies as chief writer. He has been responsible for possibly the best of new who, in episodes such as 'blink,' 'girl in the fireplace,' 'the empty child/the doctor dances,'

However perhaps the best episode in my opinion has been 'Love and monsters,' written by davies. this episode really tears me up at the end.

I do think that donna was treated a bit harshly, however i also think this is partly due to the fact that the writers knew thet could only get away with catherine tate for a short period of time, before the audience (especially those in the uk, who know her from the catherine tate show) go a little beserk, this despite the fact that tate admittedly did well in the role.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Galactica Quorum Message Board Index -> Doctor Who/Torchwood All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: